How Does a Travel Agent/Advisor Get Paid?
Ah....The good 'ole days...once upon a time, everyone (airlines, hotels, cruise lines, tour companies) paid travel agents at 5-10% to sell their products and we could provide our time and expertise to the traveling public for "free". Those days are long gone. Domestic airlines no longer pay commission to travel agents and many hotels/tours no longer pay a competitive commission. Researching and pricing an itinerary for a potential client can take several hours of time. So charging a professional/planning fee just as an accountant, lawyer or doctor would allows me to focus on creating an incredible trip for my clients while receiving some compensation for my time. As with the other professions, I seek to be paid for the work that I do and the value & expertise that I provide.
Benefits of Working With a Travel Agent/Advisor
You might not fully understand what a travel consultant does. Here's why my clients like working with me and come back again.
- A personal relationship with you the client(s) to determine your exact wants, needs, hopes, and dreams. Knowing that I will have your back during the entire process, even while you are traveling.
- I bring comprehensive knowledge & supplier training and personal experience to every travel experience to protect their precious vacation dollars and hours.
- I save them a lot of time and hassle. There is so much information on the internet these days and it's hard to know what's accurate and what's not. Thanks to my expertise, I know the options far better than most and I'm able to zero in on the best options pretty quickly.
- I'm the one that sits on hold, checks fares, prices, etc. saving them hours and hours of mindless time.
- I can get my clients special treatment that they can't get on their own. Thanks to my professional relationships with my host agency, travel suppliers, and Travel Leaders Network consortium allows me to offer my clients additional amenities/upgrades above and beyond what you would receive by booking reservations on your own online. Often for the same price or less than what you would pay.
- For any group travel - I will negotiate with suppliers the best rate possible for your group with any additional amenities, perks or bonus rooms as possible.
- While my goal is to always offer my clients the best travel plans for their budget, I am not a low-cost or budget agency. Rest assured, I will not book you at some place I would not stay.
- Our quote might not always beat or match an online competitor, but I can guarantee you that any slight difference will be made up with unbeatable service from Faucey Fam Travel. A service that you won’t receive from those online competitors.
- My job doesn't stop when I finish booking your travel. I go the extra mile to prepare my clients for travel, so there are no surprises. I check to make sure passports current or that you have the correct travel documents , help with packing list, and other trip advice and provide you with all necessary travel documents.
- I offer travel insurance to protect your vacation dollars.
- Finally, I'm one phone call away. If my clients experience unexpected surprises during their travel like a missed connection, they know they have just one phone call to make and I will take care of the rest. I will always be there to advocate on their behalf.
Planning/Professional Fees (Non-refundable and paid prior to any itinerary work):
- Domestic Airline Tickets - $20 per person
- Basic Hotel/Car Rental/Tours/Excursions - $20 per booking
- International Airline Tickets - $50-$75 per person International air tickets, includes passport/visa & travel safety recommendations. Price varies based on complexity of itinerary.
- Basic Cruise Reservation - $50 (up to four travelers) Booking cruise, air & up to 2 shore excursions. $10 per person for each additional traveler
- Enhanced Cruise Reservation - $100 per itinerary (up to four travelers) Booking cruise, air, all shore excursions, onboard amenities & pre/post hotel arrangements. $20 per person for each additional traveler
- Basic Resort Package - $50 (up to four travelers) Pre-planned air/land tour package including air, lodging, ground transportation and tours.
- Customized Travel Package - $150 (up to four travelers) Customized air/land tour package including air, lodging, ground transportation & tours.
- Theme Park Package -$150 (up to four travelers) Air, lodging, ground transportation, theme park tickets, dining reservations, fast pass.
- Group Travel (Rates Vary) Group travel is ten or more travelers traveling together. Rates per person will vary depending on the customization of itinerary and the number of cities travelers are traveling from.
- Vacation Rentals - $50 per stay We work with a group of luxury vacation rentals and villas companies. We are unable to book Airbnb or VRBO rentals, but if you find a rental you like, please let us know and we may still be able to book it in one of our systems (sometimes at a reduced rate). Rental cleaning fees, deposits, and other rental fees still apply.
- $25 per itinerary (Airline/Supplier cancellation fees may apply)
- Group Travel – Per person rate will vary depending on the customization of deposited itinerary (Airline/Supplier cancellation fees may apply)
So as you can see, I am really committed to making this the best experience possible. I may not get you the cheapest deal - that's what the online booking engines are for. If that's what you are looking for, then we are not a great fit. But if you are looking for a true partner with the expertise to do this job right and get you the best value, then I can't wait to get started working with you. If that's the path you want to take, then the next step is to collect a non-refundable professional/planning deposit and then I will begin preparing a couple of quotes for you. Shall we get started?